Who we are
At OVID Health Systems, we develop novel and evidence-based concepts for the treatment of mental illness with the help of psychedelics and altered waking consciousness together with university cooperation partners.
The OVID clinic in Berlin offers not only ketamine-assisted psychotherapy, but also therapy using non-pharmacologically induced altered states of consciousness (e.g. meditation, body therapy, stroboscopic light induction, and evocative breathing techniques).
Cooperative research projects with psilocybin and other psychedelic substances for the treatment of depression, pain disorders, substance use disorders, and other indications are already planned.
Who we are looking for
To expand the clinical team, we are looking for a part-time (ideally 50-80%) or full time psychotherapeutic experienced psychiatrist or a specialist for psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy (he/she/they) with the interest to be involved in practical-therapeutic as well as conceptual work.
- Development of new therapeutic protocols together with the medical management
- Diagnostics and screening of patients with regard to their suitability for our therapies
- Preparation of individual treatment plans for our patients and treatment within the scope of our therapy offer
- Cooperation in the further development of our treatment concepts
- Documentation of progress and evaluation of the achievement of objectives
- Therapeutic support of patients in the context of clinical studies
- Development of scientific publications in a team
- Specialist for psychiatry and psychotherapy or psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy (he/she/they)
- At least 5 years of experience in psychotherapeutic treatment, especially of depression, anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and somatoform disorders
- Solid cross-school understanding of guideline procedures, competencies in mindfulness-based and/or emotionally focused therapy procedures are desirable
- German at native speaker level and business fluent English are required due to our profile
- Knowledge and experience regarding altered waking consciousness
- Previous work in a university environment is an advantage
- Additional training in the field of body therapy, yoga or similar is advantageous
- Confident and empathetic demeanor towards patients and colleagues
- High level of social competence, teamwork and ability to work under pressure
- Creative potential and motivation to develop new things
- Organisational skills and high flexibility in task accomplishment
- Communicative talent and critical thinking skills
- Strong curiosity and desire to learn
- The unique opportunity to have a leading role in the development of a novel treatment and practice concept
- Interdisciplinary exchange in a young, motivated team
- Varied spectrum of activities
- Flat hierarchies and great creative leeway
- Quick assumption of responsibility
- Appropriate remuneration and excellent opportunities for internal and external training
How you can apply
Please send your CV, cover letter (or personal video), and references by 15 May 2021 to [email protected]. If you have any questions, please contact Mr. Leopold Jedina (Tel: +49 30 / 257 69969).